There is a great urge to go try on dresses as soon as the ring is on your finger. A lot of girls have been dreaming of wearing that beautiful wedding gown since watching Cinderella when they were little! However, if you are planning on a long engagement then don't be too hasty. What you fall in love with now might not be what you like in 3 years time. Don't leave it too late though as some big designers have a long order time (The longest I've heard of was 11 months!). Here are some Wedding Dress Shopping tips:
1) Start looking with about a year to go
2) Don't take too many people with you when you shop (2 or 3 people who's opinions you value is ideal)
3) Give yourself plenty of time for your appointment so you don't feel rushed or pressured into buying
4) Set a budget and remember to ask about alterations (some boutiques have minimum alteration fees)
5) Think about your underwear when shopping for your dress - a dress doesn't look it's best with a black bra sticking out!
6) Ask if you can take photos to remember the dresses (some boutiques don't allow this). Take photos on someone else's phone so hubby to be doesn't come across them!
7) Go to your appointment with an open mind - try on styles you may not think will suit - you may be surprised
8) See if you can get small children looked after. White dresses and sticky fingers don't mix well and doesn't help your stress levels!
For more help and/or to make an appointment call us on 01371 871969 or email at email@example.com